South Huntington Public Library is a Passport Acceptance Facility. We will review your application and mail it to the Department of State for processing.
Passport services are by appointment only.
To schedule an appointment, call (631) 549-4411 and ask for Adult Services.
Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday-Saturday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
You must apply in person using form DS-11 if at least one of the following is true:
- You are applying for your first U.S. passport
- You are under age 16
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16
- Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen or damaged
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago
If none of the above statements apply to you, you may be eligible to renew using form DS-82.
How to Apply
Fill Out Form DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport prior to your appointment.
How to complete your form:
- Enter the information on the online form and print.
- Print a DS-11 and complete by hand.
- Pick up a DS-11 form at the library.
Please note that DS-11 forms must be printed single sided.
If completing by hand, print legibly using black ink only.
Do not sign the DS-11 form until the passport acceptance agent instructs you to do so.
Provide Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
You must submit one of the following (original or certified copies only)
- Fully-valid, undamaged U.S. passport (may be expired)
- U.S. birth certificate
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Certificate of Citizenship
Provide a Photo
You must provide one photograph with your application. To avoid processing delays, be sure your photo meets all photo requirements.
The Library can take your photo while accepting your application for a $10 fee.
Two separate payments are required for a passport application
- Application fee: Payable to the U.S. Department of State by check or money order. Click the link above to check official fee calculations.
- Acceptance fee: A separate payment of $35 per application is payable to South Huntington Public Library by cash, check, money order, or credit card (Discover, Mastercard, Visa)
Children Under 16
Both parents/guardians must authorize the issuance of the child’s passport.
Please note that passports for children under 16 are only valid for 5 years.
Applicants Age 16 and 17
For applicants age 16 and 17, parental awareness must be demonstrated. Parental awareness can be shown by at least one parent or guardian appearing with the applicant.
Get a Passport in a Hurry
If you need your passport in a hurry, you can expedite the processing time of your application.
After You Apply
Once your passport application has been accepted at the Library, all questions must be directed to the National Passport Information Center.